Tale of the White Wyvern - Changelog
Here you can find a list of all changes to Tale of the White Wyvern and the dates they were made.
Version 0.9.18: Town Square Organization (2019-12-04)
Town Square Organization: We've had the classic Town Square menu ordering for quite some time and it's placement didn't quite make sense with what's most important in a game day.
We've organized the Town Square to make what you do the most in a game day the most prominent. Hopefully you find this change useful especially on mobile.
We also moved Calinda's Hof to Other Places.
Version 0.9.17: Season Support & Bug Fixes (2019-11-26)
Support for Seasons: We now have full support for season games that end at a certain time and at that time winners are crowned.
- Bugs: Some bugs we fixed we can't talk a lot about just like this one. But it was fixed so yay.
Version 0.9.16: More Event Preparation, Bug Fixes and Mail (2019-11-17)
The Turn of the Page: This is a new event that will occur on New Years. Be sure to chat
with Helga to learn about the holiday!
- Send Mail More Easily: Added a link to send mail to someone on their profile page. Way less tapping or typing, yay!
- PvP Bug: Fixed a bug where players that login and were killed would die when they should be alive.
Version 0.9.15: Event Preparation and Bug Fixes (2019-11-13)
This update is mostly geared toward later events, so there aren't many changes here that you'll see yet. At any rate,
here's what you have to look forward to!
The Feast of Gratitude: This is a new event that will occur at the end of November. Be sure to chat
with the townsfolk to learn about the holiday!
The Gnome Village: At the end of December, a group of Gnomes will travel through Wyrmdoor and set up
The Gnome Village! Visit the Mythical Presents Elf to get a present, and send them to your friends. And try out a few
new Wintery themes to really get in the spirit! The themes will be available when the event starts.
- Username validation: We fixed a few bugs related to picking a name for your character.
Version 0.9.14: Endgame Changes (2019-10-29)
- Paragon & The Endgame: Every 5th Wyvern kill gets you a paragon coin. Learn more about them and how you can spend them in Helga's.
- Wyvern Fights: We now properly rotate the Wyvern fight power in cycles of 5. So the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th power levels wrap around at the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th fights and again ad infinitum!
Version 0.9.13: New Deadly Features (2019-10-23)
- Count Deaths: We now count deaths.
- The Leaderboards of Death: We now have The Leaderboards of Death in the Graveyard.
Version 0.9.12: Pumpkin Festival and Quality of Life Enhancements (2019-10-22)
- Wyvernslayer's Shrine: Added the Wyvernslayer's Shrine to Primrose Park.
- Pumpkin Festival: The Pumpkin Festival is in full swing in Other Places.
- Pumpkin Festival Theme: Check out this savory theme now available in user settings.
- User Suggestion: You could authenticate to Wyvern but you could be in the game without creating an account. Notify the user of this and try and redirect them to create a new adventurer account.
- Gold In Hand: New users often leave the game with a lot of gold in hand. Notify people how to deposit gold in the bank during the new day if they have any on hand.
- Support / Questions / Bugs: Added a new section for people to find help with questions, support or bug reports.
- Added Monster: Added a new level 1 Monster Annoying Bug. Thanks Matt!
Version 0.9.11: News Enhancements and Quality of Life Enhancements. Plus Wyvern hugs. (2019-10-14)
- Daily News: You can now get a link to an individual piece of daily news to share.
- Daily News: When a player kills the Wyvern we note the kill number in the daily news entry.
- Hug the Wyvern: You can now hug the Wyvern. Thanks for the idea Will.
- Tips for Players: Some new players don't notice you need to level up by challenging your master at Tarbreth's. If a player hasn't leveled up yet, when the new day happens let them know they should visit Tarbreth's Adventurer Training.
Version 0.9.10: Shining Up Gold Hats (2019-10-13)
- Bank Interest Change: Hats now effect the interest rate at the bank.
Version 0.9.9: Balancing and Player List Changes (2019-10-06)
- Wyvern Balancing: Significantly changed the 5th Wyvern fight balancing and how the fight operates. Much more fair to players that don't dual class. 🐉
- PvP Update: You can now attack players one level below you in the fields. Increased the cost of staying in the Inn to a graduated scale that is roughly the amount of gold you find from 4 forest fights at your current level. The Inn protections stay the same.
- Player List Update: Change (L)ist Players to (P)layers Online in the menu for clarity and consistency. We now have two selections in the Players Online section in Active Players and Full Player List. Active players is the new top most selection showing you people that have played in the last week. Full player list lists all players.
Version 0.9.8: New Fearures (2019-09-23)
- In game Gold Transfers: You can now transfer gold to other players in the bank.
- Portland Retro Game Expo: Added the Portland Retro Game Expo in-game event.
- Scaled Wyvern Fights: The Wyvern grows much stronger for the 3rd, 4th and 5th fights. 🐉
- Generate Fantasy Name: We now have a new "generate a name" feature to generate a random fantasy themed name for when you create a new user if you can't think of one.
Version 0.9.7: Significant Class Changes and HATS! (2019-09-12)
- Buckner's Haberdashery: Added Buckner's Haberdashery. Enjoy the hats!
- Rogue Overhaul: The Rogue ability is now Disappear. Disappear makes you invulnerable to attack for 4 turns.
- Mage Tweak: The White spell used to be a 10x attack. It is now a 7x attack as 10x was entirely too overpowered.
Version 0.9.6: New Event, Wyvern Scaling, and a Check on Running (2019-08-25)
- Cyclus Seasonal Event: Added the Cyclus seasonal event building the framework for many more events. Check Helga's Potion Shoppe for more information on seasons.
- Scaled Wyvern Fights: Finally added intial scaling for the 2nd through 5th Wyvern fights. 🐉
- Fight UX Change: We now ask you if you want to run from a fight when you tap the run button. Originally it just happened, but sometimes you might not intend to do that so now you have to confirm it.
Version 0.9.5: Balancing and NPC Reward Changes (2019-08-15)
- Forest Fight XP & Gold Drops: Increased XP and gold drops for level 10, 11 and 12 monsters in the forest by 30%.
- Instructions: Clarifying how Wyvern fights and player resets work in the new Instructions section "Defeating The Wyvern & The Endgame".
NPC Interactions: Originally if you interacted with the NPCs Scarlet, Crugg and Jon Boyd they all awarded you the same amount of experience depending on the amount of charm you had.
Now NPCs grant you benefits differently. Interacting with Scarlet grants you experience. Interacting with Jon Boyd grants you gold. Interacting with Crugg grants you forest fights. As always you can
only interact with one NPC per day but now you now can make a strategic choice based on what you want to gain for the day. Jon Boyd still remains different in that you can have him sing a song every day on top of all this.
As you gain more charm the experience, gold and forest fight benefits from the NPC interactions grow.
Version 0.9.4: New Location, Event Changes, News Additions, Bug Fixes (2019-08-11)
- Random Forest Events: If you are fully healed the healing event no longer shows up. Added a new random encounter so you can now find 1 or 2 gems. The random gold find event now gives you gold based on your level. You can now be pick-pocketed by a thief in the forest. Make sure to deposit that gold!
- Wyvern Fight: In the Rogue and Warrior ending it was citing the current players weapon as a Tree Branch. We describe the proper weapon now.
- Graveyard: If you use your dead card you trigger a Daily News entry.
- Daily News: Adding many more unique player and enemy quotes.
- The Outhouse: Adding the Outhouse to Other places.
Version 0.9.3: Forest Fight Balancing, NPC Clarification, New Location (2019-08-09)
- Primrose Park: Added Primrose Park. Currently only has the Hero's Shrine that will honor the first players to defeat the Wyvern in this realm.
- NPC Interaction: Currently you can only interact with one NPC per day for an experience benefit. Made that more obvious when you try a second time with the new message "You can only interact with one NPC per day." This is changed from the old less helpful message.
- Forest Fights: Removed the "troll" monsters or lower level monsters in high level fights that wouldn't give you very much gold or experience. All monsters at high levels are now appropriately scaled.
Version 0.9.2.1: Bug Fixes (2019-08-06)
- Player Fights: Address a rare case where a user logs in and experiences a new day while someone is attacking them and then loses the fight.
- New Day: Fixed a few cases where the new day message wouldn't show for some users.
- Inn: Fixed an issue where leaving the game through your Inn room would make the site header look odd on certain browsers.
Version 0.9.2: Change Your Gender, Interface Changes, and Bug Fixes (2019-08-04)
- Instructions: Added some semantic html to make the Instructions flow better.
- Welcome: Added a link to @the_whitewyvern on the welcome screen, and reprioritized the links.
- User Preferences: You can now reassign your gender in User Preferences.
- User Preferences: The theme selector was a little overzealous on mobile and will now remain constrained on your screen.
- Yar Sisters Bank: The Deposit and Withdrawal inputs will now bring up numeric input on mobile instead of the full keyboard.
Version 0.9.1: Bug Fixes and PvP Balancing (2019-08-01)
Bugs: Thanks for reporting them and keep it coming! We've been fixing a ton and way too many to list here.
The old rules allowed a player to attack someone one level below them or higher.
This meant that a level 5 could attack a level 4 player.
We are changing this because with stat boosts at higher levels there are few cases where a lower level player could win.
Players can now only attack players at their current level or higher.
Version 0.9: Tale of the White Wyvern Beta (2019-07-28)
Fights: You can venture into Forkwood forest to find enemies to hone your skills, fight your
master to level up, take on other players for the possibility of a big reward, and eventually take on
The White Wyvern!
Gear: Use the gold you get from fights to buy armor at Asadi's Armor and weapons from King
Forkwood Forest: This mysterious forest doesn't just have enemies to slay. Venture into its depths
to discover what secrets it may hold.
- Helga’s Potions & Healing Shoppe: Visit to heal your wounds and other very useful things.
Inn of the Old Hen: Head into the Inn to enjoy some rest and relaxation, and chat with the locals. Or, call out
someone staying at the Inn to stir up some trouble.
- Yar Sisters Bank: Deposit your money to gain interest and keep it safe.
- Calinda's Hof: If you and another player want to enter a partnership, this is the place to go!
- Mailbox: Use the mailbox to send and receive mail to/from other adventurers.
- Slay Other Players: Get the jump on other players who may not be expecting you.
View Your Stats: Keep track of your progress as you gain more experience, upgrade your equipment,
and gain notoriety.
Tarbreth's Adventurer Training: Seek wisdom from your master, learn local history, and trade rare
gems for more advanced, class-specific training.
List Players: Here, you can see a list of all players on the server, and get some more information
- Daily News: When a player does something noteworthy, an entry is created here for all to see.
- The Graveyard: Pay your respects to fallen adventurers, but try not to end up here unplanned.
Theme Selection: There are multiple themes to choose from! Head into User Preferences to pick your
Change Your Title: As you earn accolades, you may be given certain titles. In User Preferences,
you can select which title you'd like to use.
Day Cycle: Every real life day will have two in-game days. Each time the day resets, your forest,
PvP, and Wyvern fights are replenished, NPCs that you interacted with are available again, your class abilities are
refilled, your legal partnership bonuses trigger, and you gain interest on your bank deposits. And, if you died the
previous day, you are reborn.
Log In With Your Cheerful Ghost Account: In order to play, you need a Cheerful Ghost account. Just
click the Login link on the main page to get started!
Other Secret Stuff! Of course we aren't going to tell you everything. There are many surprises that