Tale of the White Wyvern - Instructions
Tale of the White Wyvern is a text based, high fantasy, sword and magic
adventure mini-MMO that you can play with your friends!
For new players we have the following set of Let's Plays to help you level up:
The first decision you have in Tale of the White Wyvern is what class you will be.
If you prefer dealing lots of damage and focusing on attack, then you should be a Warrior.
If you like being stealthy and focusing on defense, then you should be a Rogue.
If you want to cast spells and focus on the arcane arts, then your class should be Mage.
Note: All class abilities can only be used in forest and wyvern fights.
- Warriors have the primal scream ability that is a 3x critical attack.
- Warriors gain a new primal scream point every 4 skill level ups.
- Warriors also have a random chance to gain +1 attack point in the forest.
- Rogues have the disappear ability that makes them immune to attack for 4 turns.
- Rogues gain a new disappear point every 4 skill level ups.
- Rogues also have a random chance to gain +1 defense point in the forest.
- Mages can cast 4 spells.
- Spell: Magic Missle costs 1 magic point and is a 2x attack.
- Spell: Teleport costs 4 magic points and removes you from a forest battle.
- Spell: Teleport costs 8 magic points and heals you completely during battle.
- Spell: White costs 10 magic points and is a 7x attack.
- Mages gain a new magic point every skill level ups.
- Mages also have a random chance to gain +3 hit points in the forest.
Game Days in Tale of the White Wyvern
For each real Earth day that happens for us in real time, in Tale of the White Wyvern there are two days that pass.
When a new game day begins, a few things trigger in game.
The list below isn't exhaustive, as there are some things we want to keep secret.
What Times Do New Days Trigger?
- Noon PT / 3p ET
- Midnight PT / 3a ET
Things that replenish in the new day: Forest fights, Player fights, Wyvern fights, NPC
Relationships, Bard song and all your class abilities.
Other things that happen in the new day: Your bank gold gains interest, your legal partnership
bonuses trigger and if you died you are reborn.
How PvP Works
Each day you get a certain amount of Player VS Player fights, and you can choose to fight others in the Fields or Inn.
The rules for PvP in the fields are as follows.
- You can only attack players your level or one level lower.
- You can only attack players that are not currently playing the game.
If you leave the game, people can find you and attack you in the Fields.
If you want some basic protection, rent a room at the Inn.
Renting a room at the Inn room provides you with the following protections:
- Players have to pay to call you out in the Inn. This currently costs LEVEL * 1,600 Gold.
- Players staying in the Inn are granted first strike in the fight.
- Players can only attack other players your level or higher.
Defeating The Wyvern & The Endgame
Your goal is to level up in power and experience to get to level 12. Only at level 12 can you challenge and defeat The White Wyvern.
Each time you kill the Wyvern, you add to your Wyvern Kill count and are born again at level one to take on the Wyvern
again. Each time you defeat the Wyvern you unlock a new in-game character title and a new chapter in the Tome of Lore
at Tarbreth's Adventurer Training's Hall of Honored Adventurers. Each new chapter opens up the world story for Tale of
the White Wyvern and after you unlock chapter 5 that is the final "endgame." On top of the unlockable chapters in the
Tome of Lore each class has a unique ending as well.
Each of your first five Wyvern kills in any game awards you the following titles:
- Scale Holder
- Claw Keeper
- Tooth Bearer
After each Wyvern kill your player is reborn back at level 1 where you can select a new class.
Each of your player attributes are reset including gold, skills and experience but the following are kept:
username, wyvern kills, player kills, charm,
titles, and your dead card.
Each successive Wyvern fight gets harder up to the hardest 5th Wyvern fight.
We currently consider the endgame to be when a player kills the Wyvern 5 times and achieves the title Wyvernslayer.
Interacting with NPCs
There are currently three NPCs in the game you can interact with. You can only interact with one NPC per day
for a benefit to your character if you have enough charm to pull off the interaction. As your player gains charm
you can gain more benefits to your NPC interaction by way of gold, experience and forest fights.
On top of the NPC interaction system described above Jon Boyd the Bard is a bit different. You can interact with him in two
ways per day such that you can listen to him sing you a song AND choose to interact with him as described above. Listening to Jon Boyd
the bard sing to you is a seperate NPC interaction and works on top of interacting with other NPCs.
Each Wyvern game has game seasonal events that effect the world in different ways. Typically seasonal world
events can increase daily forest fights, gold and experience drops. You can talk to Helga at Helga’s Potions & Healing Shoppe
for more information on each season in your specific Wyvern game.
Fights: You can venture into Forkwood forest to find enemies to hone your skills, fight your
master to level up, take on other players for the possibility of a big reward, and eventually take on
The White Wyvern!
Gear: Use the gold you get from fights to buy armor at Asadi's Armor and weapons from King
Forkwood Forest: This mysterious forest doesn't just have enemies to slay. Venture into its depths
to discover what secrets it may hold.
- Helga’s Potions & Healing Shoppe: Visit to heal your wounds and other very useful things.
Inn of the Old Hen: Head into the Inn to enjoy some rest and relaxation, and chat with the locals. Or, call out
someone staying at the Inn to stir up some trouble.
- Yar Sisters Bank: Deposit your money to gain interest and keep it safe.
- Calinda's Hof: If you and another player want to enter a partnership, this is the place to go!
- Mailbox: Use the mailbox to send and receive mail to/from other adventurers.
- Slay Other Players: Get the jump on other players who may not be expecting you.
View Your Stats: Keep track of your progress as you gain more experience, upgrade your equipment,
and gain notoriety.
Tarbreth's Adventurer Training: Seek wisdom from your master, learn local history, and trade rare
gems for more advanced, class-specific training.
List Players: Here, you can see a list of all players on the server, and get some more information
- Daily News: When a player does something noteworthy, an entry is created here for all to see.
- The Graveyard: Pay your respects to fallen adventurers, but try not to end up here unplanned.
Theme Selection: There are multiple themes to choose from! Head into User Preferences to pick your
Change Your Title: As you earn accolades, you may be given certain titles. In User Preferences,
you can select which title you'd like to use.
Day Cycle: Every real life day will have two in-game days. Each time the day resets, your forest,
PvP, and Wyvern fights are replenished, NPCs that you interacted with are available again, your class abilities are
refilled, your legal partnership bonuses trigger, and you gain interest on your bank deposits. And, if you died the
previous day, you are reborn.
Log In With Your Cheerful Ghost Account: In order to play, you need a Cheerful Ghost account. Just
click the Login link on the main page to get started!
Other Secret Stuff! Of course we aren't going to tell you everything. There are many surprises that